What would you learn about meaningful work in the face of a near-death experience? That is the question that today’s guest, Tom Morin, had to answer, not once but three times in his working life. In this conversation, Tom and I discuss how these experiences helped him to understand what defines meaningful, authentic, and responsible work. We also talk about the role of courage in choosing the work that matters to us, the importance of contributing to the well-being of others, why we should let go of narrow definitions of success, and everything about his book, Your Best Work: Create the Working Life That’s Right for You.
- Tom Morin | Work Feels Good
- Your Best Work: Create the Working Life That’s Right for You by Tom Morin
- Free Solo
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life by Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander
- Photo by William Iven on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab