I love it when I hear something I know I have heard before, but I’m finally ready to receive it and act upon it. Yesterday, I heard a valuable bit of advice about doing the work you want to be known for and that got me thinking about a few important questions that I’m going to explore in this episode of Getting Work To Work: What am I known for? What do I want to be known for? How wide is the gap between those two answers?
Seven ways to do the work you want to be known for:
- Evaluate what you are known for.
- Reflect on what you want to be known for.
- Create an action plan for producing a passion project that is a step in the right direction.
- Get in the habit of experimentation.
- Find people who are doing the type of work you want to be known for and build relationships with them.
- Eliminate your excuses.
- Share your process and results.