In Originals, Adam Grant shares several stories about the importance of role models—peers, historical figures, fictional characters—and how they can actually elevate your goals, dreams, and aspirations. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I talk about Grant’s book, identify a few of my heroes, and share five ways you can get more value from your role models.
- Noah Elias
- Originals: How Non-Comformists Move the World by Adam Grant
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
Five Ways to Up Your Value From Your Role Models
- Identify your role models and write down why you look up to them.
- Apply lessons and strategies that you observe to your life.
- It’s not about comparison. It’s about emulation and inspiration.
- You might be a role model to others, so don’t be afraid to share successes and failures. Be accessible to others.
- If they are still alive, reach out to your role models.