I’ve been struck by a few questions recently: What are you working for? What do you want your life to be? What do you stand for? Whether I’m reflecting upon past job experiences, reading the latest business leadership books, or imagining what could be, at the core is this thought: Am I living to work or am I working to live?
Five Ways to Build the Life You Want to Work For:
- Start defining your life as it exists today and how you want it to be in the future.
- Assess the relationship between your life and work. Where are you thriving? What are you losing?
- Ask serious questions about your motivation. Don’t just be glib in “starting with why”; go deep.
- Seek visionary helpers that can help you be a visionary helper. Don’t be afraid of serving others.
- Change requires action.
- Company of One: Why Staying Small Is The Next Big Thing for Business by Paul Jarvis
- The Book of Beautiful Questions: The Powerful Questions That Will Help You Decide, Create, Connect, and Lead by Warren Berger
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- Photo by Nathan Anderson on Unsplash
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab