I’m not really a fan of taking risks, but lately I have felt the effects of operating in my comfort zone: stagnation, boredom, and procrastination. Nothing inspires the need to take chances more than looking at the work of others. Sure, it can trigger imposter syndrome, but it can also let you know when it’s time to branch out and try new things. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to share a few ways that I am thinking differently about risk.
How I’m Thinking Differently About Risk:
- Risk allows growth to occur.
- The bigger the dream, the greater the risk.
- Risk is healthy.
- Risk is doing what other people aren’t.
- Risk is being unashamedly yourself.
- Rebel Talent: Why It Pays To Break The Rules At Work And In Life by Francesca Gino
- Your Work is the Only Thing That Matters by Ryan Holiday
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab