I don’t know about you, but I hate it when I feel trapped in a season of struggle. For myself, the past few months have been times of struggle and challenge; life definitely hasn’t gone according to plan. I’ve been highly creative, productive, and in the daily practice of building relationships. But my focus is frayed, my stress levels are high, and my finances are tanking my self-worth. Fortunately, there is one question running rampant through my brain providing comfort: What if struggle is necessary to have a deeper, more fulfilling life?
Quotes from the Episode:
“Knowing loss, struggle, suffering, and defeat is crucial to the positive disintegration process and acts as catalyst for personal growth, creativity, and deep transformation.” – Wired to Create: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind by Scott Barry Kaufman & Carolyn Gregoire
“…if we can make the best out of difficult experiences, we are in an even better position to create meaningful work and develop a more complex identity.” – Wired to Create: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind by Scott Barry Kaufman & Carolyn Gregoire
4 Ways to Embrace the Struggle:
- Take care of yourself. Your work won’t work if you can’t work.
- Stay connected with your friends and family.
- Make this your daily mantra/affirmation: “I’m becoming stronger because of this struggle. It won’t last forever.”
- Collect rejections and use them to fuel action.
- Wired to Create: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind by Scott Barry Kaufman & Carolyn Gregoire
- Photo by Ian Chen on Unsplash
- The (Seven Deadly) Curiosity Killers
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab