I’m feeling it today, friends. I’m tired. The work is piling up, my weekdays are filled as much I can fill them, and I’m taking it a day at a time. What do you do when you have so much going on to make sure you aren’t missing anything? How do you stay motivated while keeping an eye on your burnout meter? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to share a few ways I stay organized and motivated in busy times.
- I plan the week ahead on Sundays.
- Google Calendar is where I need to be and when.
- Asana is what I need to do.
- Google Drive/Microsoft Office are the details of what I need to do.
- Dropbox is storing and sharing.
- Email is my communication link to the outside world.
- Daily internal reminders of why I’m doing what I’m doing.
- Take the weekends off when I can.
- If I’m not feeling well emotionally and I can take a break, I’ll stop.
- Morning time is my time.
- Listening to music, watching movies, and reading books is a way to connect with new ideas and soothe the soul.
- Keep the vision of the future in my mind, on the page, and in my heart.