Am I addicted to social media? To answer that question, over the past month I disconnected from social media inspired by the book Own Your Weird by Jason Zook. As a result, I had some interesting feelings arise. I felt like something was missing; I was out of touch with the immediacy of the day. The need to login and connect was strong, but over time declined. But then the emails and passing mentions to social media started, and I had to fight the urge to login. I wasn’t always successful, but here’s what I learned.
- Less emphasis on the immediate needs and more attention paid to the future.
- More time alone with my thoughts.
- Freshwater Bay Creative
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World by Cal Newport
- Own Your Weird: An Oddly Effective Way for Finding Happiness in Work, Life, and Love by Jason Zook
- Photo by Artem Sapegin on Unsplash
- The (Seven Deadly) Curiosity Killers
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab