As you end 2016 and prepare for 2017, how will you be preparing yourself personally and professionally for new opportunities? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I talk about what I learned in 2016 and how I am preparing for the new year. I also share five ways you can discover your theme for 2017.
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Stay connected with Chris Martin Studios by signing up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
Five Ways You Can Discover Your Theme For 2017
- Write down the things you have been talking about doing. Strike out the ideas you don’t want to accomplish or were just talk. Circle the ideas that have promise. Writing things down is a form of action.
- Look for growth opportunities, especially in the depths of your expertise. Learning a little about a lot without going deep in subject matters is a great way to be a mediocre creative professional.
- Have small, medium, and large goals. Nothing promotes action quiet like accomplishing something you set out to do.
- Ask yourself: What can I do to help and serve others?
- Discover strategies and tactics that will help you overcome barriers to progress and growth.