It’s always fun to get podcast topic ideas from friends. Last week, I was having coffee with a friend and he said, “I’ve got one for you. Crazy ideas and making them happen.” Well, Louie, this one’s for you. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to share my thoughts on how to not only cultivate crazy ideas, but how to bring them to life and work to get others excited about them as well.
Eight steps in making crazy ideas happen:
- Find someone who has done something similar to what you want to do and talk to them.
- Share your ideas with people who you think would support them.
- As you listen to feedback, start to identify what you know, what you don’t know, who you know, and who you need to meet.
- Make a proof of concept.
- Plan for how you will transform the proof of concept to the completed idea.
- Keep your eye on how you can make money off your crazy idea.
- Don’t seek perfection, instead focus on a release and iterate schedule that improves your idea over time.
- If you’re not making it happen, no one else is. So start today.