Aaron Draplin is a graphic designer, co-founder of Field Notes, and author of Pretty Much Everything. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, we talk about pretty much everything including what he learns on the road, what it means to be a good citizen, Galaga, and the music and pursuits capturing his attention.
This episode was recorded live in Aaron’s studio. There are many words that you might not want kids to hear or cranked in an office. Otherwise, have a good time.
Several quotes from this episode:
- “When I didn’t have a job to show for money, I was showing things I was doing just for the hell of it.”
- “What I need to realize is I’m living right now and it’s good.”
- Draplin Design Co.
- Pretty Much Everything by Aaron James Draplin
- Field Notes
- DDC Hardware Font
- Red House Painters
- Son Volt
- Neil Young
- Howlin’ Rain
- RED FANG
- Insect Warfare
- Municipal Waste
- Iron Reagan
- Toxic Holocaust
- The Jesus Lizard
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Facebook
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab