How often do you find yourself asking someone who found success, how’d you do it? For me, I spent a lot of my career looking for shortcuts and secrets to success instead of relying upon good old-fashioned hard work. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I talk about the different ways the question—How’d you do it?—can be interpreted as well as five strategies for getting your work to work.
- The Daily Show (The Book)
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Stay connected with Chris Martin Studios by signing up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
Instead of asking “How’d You Do It?”, here are five strategies for getting your work to work:
- Ask yourself: Am I looking for a recipe or formula for success or am I looking for inspiration and motivation?
- Prepare yourself to make sacrifices and compromises.
- Find a schedule and stick to it. Every day. Even on the weekend.
- The secret is found doing the work.
- Spend time in awe and wonder, then get back to work.