I’ve probably made every mistake that business coaches and gurus tell people not to make. I didn’t have a plan when I started, I often don’t know where I’m headed, I live in a constant state of feast or famine, I don’t have an end game, and I constantly second-guess myself. And yet, I love this crazy journey called entrepreneurship. I love the thrill of meeting new people, creating new projects, and realizing that I have been on my own path since day one and that’s okay.
11 ways you can go your own way, be independent, and fight the urge to conform to the image of others:
- Dream your dreams.
- Constantly define and refine your vision.
- Realize there is no instruction manual, only your interpretation and application of what worked for someone else.
- Understand your communication style.
- Be a leader, but don’t demand anyone follow you.
- Be grateful, humble, and empathetic.
- Figure out your own way to make money.
- Make mistakes and share the outcomes.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Believe in yourself.
- Embrace your own path.