There is no greater feeling than being with your people, the ones who inspire you to be a better person. On a recent vacation, I discovered the importance of being around people who allow you to be yourself and take your dream seriously. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I talk about the importance of finding your people and share six ways you can find them.
- 28 Lessons from Great Writers, Artists, and Creators on Mastering Your Craft by Ryan Holiday
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
Six Ways to Find Your People
- Look within you and know who you are. Knowing who you are and what you are doing can help you to know the types of people that will impact those areas.
- As Ryan Holiday wrote in a latest blog post: “Find Your Plus, Minus, and Equal.” Your people are better than you, they are equal to you, and they are someone you can teach. You need all three to grow.
- Don’t worry if the people are in different fields, pursuits, political persuasions, discover people who have the spirit and characteristics you want to learn from. Everything else is negotiable.
- Always add value; give as much as you get.
- No matter where you go, ask questions and get to know people. If you like what you hear, ask to meet them again.
- Prune the people from your life who are toxic. You know who they are and how you feel when you are around them.