Most freelancers read the same information when researching how to run a business: plan for slow months by saving when the projects are plentiful, seemingly never-ending. While you may think of feasts and famines as a financial concept, I talk about how your creativity follows the same peaks and valleys, often in the inverse direction to your finances. I also share five ways you can keep your focus on your goals during times of feast and famine.
- Episode 12: Interview with Ben Koppin (GWTW12)
- Ilise Benun’s Marketing Mentor Tips
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- The Curiosity Lab
Five Ways to Keep Your Focus on Your Goals in Times of Feast and Famine
- Spend time on your business.
- Set goals and check in on a consistent basis.
- Get in the habit of saving and learning about money.
- Separate your identity from your creative and financial worth.
- Don’t make drastic decisions during feasts or famines.