When you want to make a change, do you focus on results and how you’ll make those happen? Do you decide to obsess over the process, behaviors, and habits that lead to those results? Or do you dive deep into the foundational beliefs and values that inform absolutely everything? Inspired by a quote from Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott that stopped me in my tracks, I’m going to explore what it means to be both evolutionary and revolutionary in our growth as creative entrepreneurs.
Quotes Referenced in this Episode:
“If your goal is evolution, work on changing your behavior; if your goal is revolution, work on changing your context” (p. 38).
“Our context determines how we experience the content of our lives. In fact, I’ll go so far as to say that your context is running your life. Quite simply, your context influences your behavior and your behavior produces your results” (p. 35).
“If we entertain multiple realities, we create possibilities that did not exist for us before” (p. 38).
- Fierce Conversations: Achieving Success at Work and in Life One Conversation at a Time by Susan Scott
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck
- Photo by Christopher Burns on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab