What does it mean to do different? Inspired by a recent interview with filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, I’m going to explore four important characteristics of being a creative professional in today’s episode of Getting Work To Work: absorbing the history of your craft, considering what would be the norm or standard creations, discovering how you will do something different, and actually doing it.
A Playbook for Doing Different Work:
- Absorb the history of your craft.
- Consider what would others would normally do in a scenario.
- Stop to consider how you can do it differently.
- Actually do it.
- Guillermo del Toro on Filmmaking as “Orchestrating an Accident” and the Trouble with Remakes – Tribeca
- Guillermo del Toro Cabinet of Curiosities: My Notebooks, Collections, and Other Obsessions by Guillermo del Toro and Marc Zicree
- Photo by Hamid Khaleghi on Unsplash
- The (Seven Deadly) Curiosity Killers
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab