Nothing is more difficult for creative professionals and entrepreneurs than creating your own stuff: websites, promotional materials, branding, you name it. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I talk about avoiding perfectionism, the importance of applying your own process to your work, and the need for accountability. I also share six ways to get over the hurdles of making your own stuff.
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
Six Ways To Get Over the Hurdles of Creating Your Own Stuff
- Make it good enough and be okay with that.
- Follow your own process and stick with it. Get it done and move on.
- Seek an objective voice who will give you feedback and hold you accountable.
- Expect change since you are growing in your abilities, delivering new value, and refining your skills.
- If you are still struggling, it might be time to pay another creative professional to do the work for you.
- Remember who your audience is. It’s most likely not you.