I’ve been thinking a lot about creativity and the process of connecting the dots of thoughts, ideas, dreams, and visions. When I try to force connections to happen, sure I may make incremental progress, but an underlying thought sits there: What would happen if I let the connection process breathe and occur naturally? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to explore this process of connecting the dots of thoughts.
Six Ways to Start Connecting the Dots of Thoughts and Ideas:
- Have raw materials to work with.
- Don’t force connections in time and relationship.
- Don’t judge or evaluate too early in the process.
- Don’t connect out of fear—fear of misunderstanding, irrelevance, acceptance, uniqueness.
- Stop thinking one and done, it’s a cyclical process.
- Don’t wait to see what others are doing with their dots.