In a meeting with a client, we were discussing this podcast and I was asked: “Are you building a production pipeline or are you doing each episode just in time?” While this wasn’t my first time hearing the phrase “just in time” production, it was a well-timed question that set me on a journey to build a production pipeline for Getting Work To Work. In this episode, I talk about the differences between scheduling content and “just in time” production and share five steps you can use to build a production pipeline.
- Noah University
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
Five Steps You Can Use to Build a Production Pipeline
- Identify what can be produced ahead of time and what needs to be done “just in time.”
- Document your process so that when it comes time to produce, you know exactly what you need to do.
- Curate material you can draw from.
- Produce your content and schedule its release based upon an editorial calendar.
- Spend time making changes by reflecting upon what has worked and what hasn’t.