Building a better world has always held a strong place in my heart and imagination. So much that my slogan is centered around telling stories of those who dare to build a better world. Recently I came across a tweet by Jessica Rose asking for those who work in tech jobs that make the world a better place to share what they do. As I read the thread, I couldn’t help but think: How do we build a better world? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to share 10 thoughts on how we can work to build a better world.
10 Thoughts About Building a Better World
- It’s an intentional choice.
- It is not just about huge, life-altering missions, but small efforts done consistently.
- It’s about solving problems…
- Increasing quality of life for as many as possible, and…
- Helping cultures thrive.
- It’s meant to be shared so that others can participate.
- It is a tool to empower others to work alongside one another on projects that matter to them.
- It requires sacrifice.
- It’s not a selfish pursuit to reform the world in a person’s image.
- It is a dynamic process; it will never be finished.
- Tweet by Jessica Rose
- Fuerte: Supporting Relief Efforts in Puerto Rico by Focus Lab
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Facebook
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab