I’m no stranger to burnout having gone through the intense highs and lows of burning out and recovering at least twice in my career. Recently, I made some changes and returned to Chris Martin Studios full-time and over coffee my dad asked me an important question: “What are you going to do differently this time?” In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to answer that question and share some of the ways I’m moving beyond burnout and approaching what I hope to be a sustainable life and business.
10 Ways I’m Working on Recovering from Burnout:
- Seeing a counselor.
- The Miracle Morning.
- Remembering who I am and why I do what I do.
- Saying no more often.
- Working on my business and learning how to building something sustainable.
- Connecting with others so I’m not alone.
- Remember my core values—fun, adventure, creativity, curiosity, and wonder—and weaving them into my life and business.
- Friday Adventures.
- Taking time when I need it without guilt or shame.
- Not beating myself up when I can’t quite get back into doing certain project types.
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Creative Quest by Questlove
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab