For years, I looked at the amount of overgrown vegetation in my backyard, saw the size of my yard debris bin, and realized that I would never make a dent. I would fill the bin in about 10-15 minutes and then wait two weeks until it got emptied. A friend came over and said, “Okay, start making piles. We’ll make one in the back and in the front. Then you can figure out what to do with them.” My honest response: “You can do that?” In this extended episode of Getting Work To Work, I connect my yard maintenance story to the 10 barriers that often hold creative professionals back and how we can work to overcome them by making metaphorical piles.
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Facebook
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
10 Barriers Holding Us Back
- Toxic Stories
- Certification & Education
- Acceptance & Permission
How Do We Get to What We Want?
- Define what we want—a vision, purpose, or goal
- Get past barriers and start making piles
- Decide what you’ll do with the piles