My life has been transformed by learning how to ask for what I want. Whether it’s a new project, an interview for Getting Work To Work, or scheduling a meeting, asking is a fundamental skill to life and business. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I talk about how I have learned to ask people for what I need, share a story about a friend helping me with yard work, and share five ways to ask for what you want.
- Dream Year by Ben Arment
- No Limits by John C. Maxwell
- Networking is Dead by Melissa Wilson & Larry Mohl
- The Power of Negotiation by Vanessa Van Edwards
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Facebook
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
Five Ways To Ask For What You Want
- Be specific by knowing what you are asking for.
- Don’t say no for other people.
- Be a giver as well as a taker.
- Be fearless.
- Identify the givers, takers, and exchangers in your life. Strive to be an exchanger.