Are you struggling to find balance between your life and everything else you have to do on a daily basis to build a sustainable business?
As a creative professional and entrepreneur, it probably seems like there is never enough time in the day to get everything done. You know you have to satisfy the needs of your currrent clients by producing work that is creative, unique, and fresh. You have to market and promote yourself, so that you can win new business and escape the cycle of feast and famine. You have to build relationships, foster your creativity, and learn new things.
This probably doesn’t even scratch the surface, but if you’re like me, you are going to work from dawn to dusk, checking items off your list.
If you identify with this struggle, think about two important questions:
- How long can you realistically do this before you start feeling it?
- What will you do now to make sure you are taking care of your future self?
As a creative professional and entrepreneur, I know how exhausting and lonely owning a creative business can be. I have been running Chris Martin Studios for over 12 years and have experienced tremendous highs and discouraging lows. I have burnt out several times in my career. After each moment of burnout, I would return to my business with the belief that I would run my business differently and make better decisions.
Unfortunately, I kept making the same mistakes over and over again.
I said yes to projects for all the wrong reasons.
I never defined who I wanted to work with, what I wanted to do for them, and why I did what I did.
I was never taking the time to develop the projects and dreams that I had deep down inside. You know where I’m talking about. The place so deep that your dreams are intertwined with your soul and who you really are. That’s a scary place to pay attention to. I thought that by ignoring what I really wanted to do and instead spend time tweaking the formula of services, charging more, and saying no more often, that I would be able to build a sustainable business.
On top of all this, I was ignoring my life and health. Which caught up to me in the form of intense emotions, poor decision making, and exhaustion.
The problem wasn’t my business.
The problem was me.
Today, I am making the positive changes I have always wanted to because I am starting with me. This journey has brought me to a place where I want to help you. I have been where you are at and I understand what it will take to get to where you want to be.
What I Can Do For You
As a coach for creative professionals and entrepreneurs, I want to help you succeed in your career and build a sustainable business. I do this by helping you:
- Be yourself
- Identify your internal voice of criticism and cynicism
- Reveal the dreams deep within yourself that scare you
- Guide you to a place of creativity and curiosity that fuels your life.
Ultimately, I want to help you do work that matters for yourself and others.
I want to help you embrace the power of your personal story.
I want you to chase big ideas and a mission larger than yourself.
So, how do we get started?
Initial Session (60 Minutes)
The cost for this session is $150. It is ideal for creative professionals and entrepreneurs who are just starting out, those who have been going strong for a few years and need to make some adjustments, or seasoned professionals who are struggling with sustainable business practices.
You will receive:
- Focused conversation
- Insight into your dreams that scare you
- Connection with someone who cares about you
- Challenging questions that inspire action
- Periodic email check-ins after the session
Hey! My name is Chris Martin and I’m a filmmaker, podcaster, educator, and coach based out of Vancouver, WA. I have a very specific strength that I bring to everything I do: I draw out dreams, stories, and ideas that are deep within people so they can act on them. Whether I am making a film, interviewing a podcast guest, teaching students, or guiding creative professionals, this curiosity is the heart beat of what I do.
- I schedule your session personally with Google Calendar and take payment with PayPal. When you are signing up, I ask a few questions that will help me know more about you so that I can be prepared for our session.
- Every session is conducted through Zoom. Our conversation will be recorded and shared with you via Dropbox so that you can have easy access to what we talked about. You are not required to have your session recorded. Let me know prior to your session if this is an issue for you.
- When you have questions, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I care deeply about helping people. The time we spend together is an investment in time, energy, and money. I will always seek to honor this investment.
- I want this service to be of value to you, but ultimately you are the one that has to act upon the information we discuss. I can’t do the work for you. I can’t promise that you’ll see massive results. It is extremely hard work to do what you want to do. I believe that hard work will always be rewarded, just not in the ways we think it will. If you are ever dissatisfied, the best way to address that is to reach out so that we can have a shared dialog.
Payment is required upon scheduling your coaching session with Chris Martin Studios. In the event that you cancel prior to your session, 100% of your payment will be refunded to the account you paid with. Refunds will not be granted if you do not show up to the session and forget to cancel or reschedule. Your satisfaction is important to the success of the coaching services I provide. If you have questions or concerns, email email@example.com and we can talk about it. Thank you!