I set a goal in 2020 to document every book I read, stating that I wanted to read 120 books. I just barely hit the goal, finishing 121 books on December 31, 2020. This year, I am going to continue sharing the books I finish. I noticed that as last year progressed, I was more willing to abandon a book if it didn’t grab my attention. It helped that most of the books were digital library books that had a three week loan period. This year, I’m less interested in the number of books read. I’ll be focusing instead on the enjoyment of reading, the mysterious nature of discovery, and exploration.
- Here is my 2020 reading list.
- All links below are affiliate-free.
- Some of these books were started in 2020 and finished in 2021.
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives by Dan Millman
- The Death of the Artist: How Creators Are Struggling to Survive in the Age of Billionaires and Big Tech by William Deresiewicz
- Improv Wisdom: Don’t Prepare, Just Show Up by Patricia Ryan Madson
- Unleashing the Artist Within: Breaking through Blocks and Restoring Creative Purpose by Eric Maisel, PhD
- Your Adventurous Life Awaits: 7 Coordinates for Living a Purposeful Life of Adventure by Maryann & Brian Remsburg
- The Cold Vanish: Seeking the Missing in North America’s Wildlands by Jon Billman
- Why Smart People Hurt: A Guide for the Bright, the Sensitive, and the Creative by Eric Maisel
- The Prosperous Coach: Increase Income and Impact for You and Your Clients by Steve Chandler and Rich Litvin
- True Indie: Life and Death in Filmmaking by Don Coscarelli
- Coaching for Breakthrough Success: Proven Techniques for Making Impossible Dreams Possible by Jack Canfield and Dr. Peter Chee
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone
- Selling 101: What Every Successful Sales Professional Needs to Know by Zig Ziglar
- Contact by Carl Sagan
- The Science of Selling: Proven Strategies to Make Your Pitch, Influence Decisions, and Close the Deal by David Hoffeld
- Called to Create: A Biblical Invitation to Create, Innovate, and Risk by Jordan Raynor
- You Are Beloved: Living in the Freedom of God’s Grace, Mercy, and Love by Bobby Schuller
- To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others by Daniel H. Pink
Updated February 25, 2021