2020 Reading List
As 2019 ended, I realized I didn’t have an accessible list of everything I read throughout the year. I wanted to make sure that at the end of 2020, I knew exactly what I read throughout the year. I hope you find some reading inspiration from my literary journey.
- All links below are affiliate-free.
- My goal is to read 120 books in 2020.
- Some of these books were started in 2019 and finished in 2020.
- Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don’t Know by Malcolm Gladwell
- Disrupt-Her: A Manifesto for the Modern Woman by Miki Agrawal
- Do the F*cking Work: Lowbrow Advice for High-Level Creativity by Jason Bacher, Brian Buirge, and Jason Richburg
- The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World by Melinda Gates
- It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- The Testaments: The Sequel to The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy by Jenny Odell
- Naked by David Sedaris
- The Collaborative Habit: Life Lessons for Working Together by Twyla Tharp with Jesse Kornbluth
- We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Heavy: An American Memoir by Kiese Laymon
- This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett
- Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends on It by Kamal Ravikant
- Conquest of the Useless: Reflections from the Making of Fitzcarraldo by Werner Herzog
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and Translated by Richard Howard
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- Let’s Make Ramen!: A Comic Book Cookbook by Hugh Amano and Sarah Becan
- Keep It Moving: Lessons for the Rest of Your Life by Twyla Tharp
- Atlas Obscura: An Explorer’s Guide to the World’s Hidden Wonders (1st Edition) by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras, and Ella Morton
- WOLFPACK: How to Come Together, Unleash Our Power, and Change the Game by Abby Wambach
- Fierce Conversations: Achieve Success at Work and in Life, One Conversation at a Time by Susan Scott
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing by Daniel H. Pink
- Comics Sketchbooks: The Private Worlds of Today’s Most Creative Talents by Steven Heller
- The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander
- Stories That Stick: How Storytelling Can Captivate Customers, Influence Audiences, and Transform Your Business by Kindra Hall
- The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, Part 1) by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Broken Places & Outer Spaces: Finding Creativity in the Unexpected by Nnedi Okorafor
Updated April 6, 2020