A recurring theme in the Getting Work To Work interviews lately has been the importance of hard work. But is hard work enough? Last week, Caleb Pike mentioned he is maximizing his time spent in the office in order to live his life. In the book Rework, the authors mention that we must constantly be searching for better hours, not working more hours. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share six ways to maximize your time and work better hours.
- Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- Chris Martin Studios on Patreon
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Facebook
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
Six Ways to Maximize Your Time and Work Better Hours
- Live a passionate life, so when it’s quitting time you can’t wait to get going.
- Learn to minimize distractions and rabbit trails by doing what brings most value to your business.
- Plan ahead and spread a project over time. Avoid the procrastinator’s push.
- Don’t beat yourself up when things don’t go according to plan.
- Be aware of how you schedule and spend time.
- Be vigilant in identifying and avoiding burnout. You must protect yourself at all costs.