As a creative professional and educator, everyone from students to businesses want to know the answer to the same question: how much do you charge? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share why I have avoided talking about this topic, some of my fears when it comes to pricing, and six ways to address the fear you may have about pricing your work.
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Stay connected with Chris Martin Studios by signing up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
6 Ways to Overcome your Fear of Pricing
- Practice confidently saying numbers that scare you.
- Take into account your whole person and all of your experiences when determining your price.
- Be okay with making up numbers when starting out or when adjusting to new territories.
- Adjust your prices project to project; don’t wait to raise your prices.
- Regardless of how you price your time or work, ask yourself how you will address questions of long-term financial stability and sustainability. Are you thinking about and planning for retirement, vacation, knowing what you want from life, taxes, and your health?
- Obsess over the results you provide for your clients.