I’m fascinated with excuses and one I have been hearing a lot lately is, “I’m too old.” The more I heard it from others, the more I listened for it when I said it to myself. Often I was saying it so I could blame something other than myself. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share some insight into the value of continuing to create as long as we possibly can as well as six ways you can overcome the excuse of “I’m too old!”
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- The Curiosity Lab
Six Ways You Can Overcome the Excuse of “I’m Too Old!”
- Take care of yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Never stop learning new things. Living your life according to the old saying: “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks” is a horrible way to live life.
- Always be creating and sharing your work. You set an example of who you are and what you are able to do.
- Don’t worry about relevancy; instead think about legacy. Create a body of work. Note: Check out Pamela Slim’s book, Body of Work.
- Stop comparing yourself and your work to others.
- Have a well-rounded life; there is more to life than work.