Have you ever thought that being a successful creative professional is a lot like being great at improvisational comedy? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to talk about the rules of improv and how they actually line up with my own career as a creative professional.
Six Ways Improv Can Impact Your Creative Career
- Confidence from preparation.
- Flexibility and adaptation.
- Trust in yourself and others.
- Growth from change and building upon what’s been established.
- Clarity comes from the specifics.
- Focus on the moment, not tomorrow or yesterday.
- Interview with Martin Gee (GWTW127)
- David Alger’s First 10 Rules of Improv
- 5 Basic Improv Rules
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Facebook
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab