Januarys are always tough for me. It’s the end of a year, the end of a quarter, the beginning of a new year, and usually slow as businesses and people get back into the groove after the holiday season. How do you balance all of the priorities of life and business? For me, I feel lucky to get through the month. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share six ways you can build up your creative endurance as well as some words of wisdom from Marc Maron.
- Attempting Normal by Marc Maron
- Aaron Hockley
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Stay connected with Chris Martin Studios by signing up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
Six Ways You Can Build Up Your Creative Endurance
- Never lose sight of or diminish your dreams.
- Question the expectations you place upon yourself.
- Work on managing your priorities and keeping the appropriate balance.
- There’s a time to wallow in self-pity and whine about your circumstances, but eventually you gotta get to work.
- Talk to your friends and confidants.
- If you’ve made a mistake and this is the source of your struggle: identify the mistake, learn from it (if you can), and move on.