A couple of months ago, a friend let me know some topics he would like me to cover on Getting Work To Work. Of the topics, one really resonated with me: what do you do between the projects? In this episode, I share 12 things that you can do between projects. From cleaning your space and organizing your files, to volunteering and relaxing. How about you? What do you do when you are between projects?
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
Twelve Things to Do Between the Projects
- Clean and organize your space, gear, and digital environments.
- Make or update your list of companies you want to work with.
- Seek connections through cold calls and warm introductions.
- Network; online, offline, be prepared to make those connections that will lead to the next project.
- Sharpen your skills with tutorials and side projects.
- Refine your offerings. Make sure you are offering the right work and adding more value.
- Update your prices.
- Work on your website and other online promotion tools.
- Don’t worry about what others are doing, stay focused on the future.
- Relax! Take a few moments to take in life.
- Do something unrelated and find connections to what you do.