Throughout my career, I eagerly sought answers on how to make it and become successful by adopting the tactics of each person I came across. I tried to do what others did. I acted like they did. I spoke like they did. I worked like they did. In trying to be like everyone else, I missed a very important lesson: I never learned to speak with my authentic voice. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share 10 ways you can approach your authentic voice and work to develop it.
- The Futur: Making It In The Little Leagues with Aaron Draplin
- Chris Do
- Aaron Draplin
- Chris Martin Studios on Patreon
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Twitter
- Getting Work To Work (@gwtwpodcast) on Facebook
- Chris Martin (@cmstudios) on Twitter
- Chris Martin (@chrismartinstudios) on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab
10 Ways You Can Approach Your Authentic Voice and Develop It
- The work you do and do not do.
- Your values and core beliefs as a person and a company.
- How you approach your work and the type of people you work with.
- The words you use (or don’t use), the clothes you wear, and the way you present yourself.
- The style of your work.
- Your attitude towards learning and trying new things.
- Your pursuit of excellence or perfection.
- Your journey from emulating your heroes to discovering your own style.
- The development of your long-term body of work.
- How you serve others.